MIT Sloan Management Review - RSS Feed

Sustainable Innovation

Latest articles

The Brand Advantage That Will Lure Shoppers Back to Stores

The Research In collaboration with several large multichannel retail partners, the author surveyed 2,098 retail customers who had purchased clothing, clothing accessories, perfume, watches, jewelry, or wine, in store or online. Respondents ranged in age from 24 to 75; about 86% were in the U.S., and the remaining 14% were mostly in Europe. The group...

The 10 Most Popular Articles in 2021 (So Far)

Following one of the most disruptive years in recent memory, 2021 has offered up many challenges and questions for managers: How can they keep teams safe and engaged in their work when they return to offices? How can they develop new skills and strategies at a time when things aren’t quite back to normal? In the first half of the year, the most popular...

Overcoming Obstacles to Successful Culture Change

As businesses work through the complexity of return-to-office strategies and determine how to manage a forever-hybrid workforce, the need to cultivate — and preserve — effective organizational culture is on everyone’s minds. Driving intentional culture is a critical element of an adaptable organization that can respond to emerging challenges and opportunities...

Leveraging Subscriptions and Marketplaces for Platform Success

Related Reading Barry D. Libert, How to Win at the Platform Game, MIT Sloan Management Review, June 23, 2021. Most managers today understand the value of subscription and SaaS business models. But few understand how a subscription model can work in combination with marketplaces, platforms, and customer and supplier data to drive growth and enterprise...

The Best of This Week

Six Strategies for Success in Data Science Projects In order to reap the benefits of AI, companies need to foster good working relationships between data teams and business units. AI projects typically are led by a company’s data science group, which is tasked with both executing the projects and taking responsibility for their achievements. Guide...

Accelerate Digital Transformation With ‘No-Code’ Software Tools

Once the pandemic’s threat became clear, many leadership teams raced to reinvent their companies through digital transformations. Many continue to focus exclusively on complex, large-scale efforts and are finding it difficult to make quick progress. Backlogs of smaller technology projects have rapidly increased as experienced software developers have...

Culture’s Role in Successful Technology Transformation

Urvashi Tyagi is a lifelong problem solver. In engineering school and early in her career, she solved technical problems. Now, as ADP’s CTO, she’s working on problems that span technology, culture, and mindset — from unifying the architecture of the payroll and HR solutions company’s technology platform and improving developer experience to facilitating...

Achieving Return on AI Projects

Companies embarking on AI and data science initiatives in the current economy should strive for a level of economic return higher than those achieved by many companies in the early days of enterprise AI. Several surveys suggest a low level of returns thus far, in part because many AI systems were never deployed: A 2021 IBM survey, for instance, found...

The Outsider Edge

Image courtesy of Ken Orvidas/theispot.com The Research The authors conducted exploratory interviews with managers hired as contractors and with the employee-managers who worked alongside them in client companies. They then conducted two surveys, collecting data from 673 contractors in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Approximately 95% of survey...

The Best of This Week

Politics Matter When Managing Mergers Mergers and acquisitions have picked up in the aftermath of the pandemic. As companies seek partners that can boost their competitive capabilities, it’s important that they ensure compatibility between the two organizational cultures. New research suggests that looking at political leanings among the companies’...

Discover, share and read the best on the web

Subscribe to RSS Feeds, Blogs, Podcasts, Twitter searches, Facebook pages, even Email Newsletters! Get unfiltered news feeds or filter them to your liking.

Get Inoreader
Inoreader - Subscribe to RSS Feeds, Blogs, Podcasts, Twitter searches, Facebook pages, even Email Newsletters!